Saturday, July 25, 2009

Please help...very damaged & split hair?

i have pretty much given up on my hair, its so frustrating. i look at everyone elses hair and go, why cant i have hair like theirs?



my hair is naturally oily which only makes things worse..and i straighten my hair everyday, i have to or my hair will just look way bad, my hair is so fried, damaged and split! my hairdresser said i should try some treatments and leave in conditioner so i tried that, i put a treatment in nearly every day thinking that it will help but it never does. i got bangs/straight fringe and a trim about a week ago and my hair was looking really fresh but now its just gone sooo damaged. everyone elses hair is soft and not damaged, one of my friends straightens her hair everyday just like me and its shiny and soft as! my fringe goes really strandy because my hairs so oily so it doesnt even look like a fringe..what do i do? AHHH so frustrating!!!! please help....



Please help...very damaged %26amp; split hair?

you need to make sure you get an all over trim to cut as much splits end off as possible..might be good to cut a few inches off and this every couple of months...id stop using the straightning iron for a while.. and go and invest in a real good quality shampoo and conditioner.it may take time..but your hair will enventualy get healthier..stop abusing it and start on getting it back into condition..within 6 months of regulare trims..no heat and some tlc..youll have shining healthy locks..take a good vitamin and grapeseed oil..vitamine E zinc and Bs



Please help...very damaged %26amp; split hair?

Are you using a heat defence product before you are straightening your hair? If you're not, then I would invest in one, to protect your hair from the heat of the straightener. You may also want to purchase a deep conditioning treatment product, there are many on the market and you will need to find one which works well for your hair. Your hairdresser should be able to recommend a good one for you.



Please help...very damaged %26amp; split hair?

you might not like this as a solution, but I guarantee it helps: cut your hair pretty short (chin-length or slightly longer at most, if that's the length of your hair now, try even shorter), and then trim it ever 4-6 weeks, so that it stays about at that length. Also, consider using natural products (e.g. garnier fructis, bert's bee's, etc) if you don't know - lessen the chemicals added into the mix. This(especially keeping your hair short) will not only get rid of the dead parts that are already there, but also give your hair the opportunity to rejuvinate itself, gain strength. After a while - at least a couple months - you'll notice your hair getting more healthy, and not splitting/being damaged even when you do start letting it grow a little longer.



This is how I help my hair, when it gets damaged, or stress starts getting to it.



Please help...very damaged %26amp; split hair?

I have the same issue, my guess is you have damaged it so much by trying to fix it. So what I suggest is cut it down as far as you can deal with, I know its hard to do, but it will give you a chance to cut back the damage.



After you cut it, start using professional products. They are expensive, but while your hair is short you wont need as much.



Only shampoo it twice a week. Condition every day.



Don't use curling irons or staighteners unless they are professional. Most don't get hot enough to do the job right and you have to leave it on your hair which causes more damage.



Styling products, in moderation, but again professional. When your hair starts to get long again like ponytail length, instead of putting it in a ponytail make a braid that way the damage is to the ends which you will get trimmed.



Get a trimm every month. That way any new split ends will not have the chance to expand.



If you do put your hair up use a clip not a binder, they don't pull or stress the hari.



Massage your scalp with your fingers when you shampoo it will allow the skin to breath and soak up moisture, if its dry the hair will be dry and it will break easier.



After you shampoo dry your hair, not completly but enough to allow it to soak up the conditioner instead of it running off.



If you do put your hair in a binder don't pull on your hair to tighten it, pull out the binder and put it up again.



When you pull it out take it off the same way you put it on again to reduce pulling.



Let your hair soak in hot water before you condition it, it will open the pores and allow the conditioner to sink in. When you rinse, rinse in cold, not ice cold but as cold as you can stand.



Lets see what else...



If you want to change your hair color do it professionally. Do not use the boxes. A stylist will do a better job and they use a better product.



Thats about all I can think of, if I think of anything else I will add it.



Good luck and I hope I helped.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, how can i get my natural hair back,my hair was enough straight,and shiny too,but after the use of straightning iron my hair becomes so dry , frizzy, wavvy and weak..its so frustrating for me because i lose naturality of my hair because of the use of straightning iron ,i weekly shampooing and applying conditioner too but it become useless for me , kindly advice so that this worst situation can be handled.

    ReplyDelete