Saturday, July 25, 2009

After radiation and hair dye?

people are telling me i cant dye my hair. is that right. i just finished my last radiation treatment for cancer, after i had the hysterectomy.



After radiation and hair dye?

Well, you may loose your hair, for one. Seems kinda pointless to spend that money when in 3 weeks your gonna loose it.



As far as actual health dangers though... I was advised to wait until I my white blood count was back up into the normal range. Reason being the dye does get absorbed into the scalp. I tend to use temp coloring rather than bleach, so I always end up with a dyed scalp for the first few days. The chemicals absorbed into your skin could cause an infection.



Also, if you received any radiation to the head/brain, your skin will be sensitive. The chemicals could burn or other wise irritate your skin.



Also, in perm coloring, the bleach and amonia is very hard on the lungs. Right after treatment you are very susectable to lung infections

No comments:

Post a Comment