Monday, July 27, 2009

Hair dye help please?!?

I went to the hairdressers today and got my hair streaked. I really like the turnout and when she was doing my streaks she had to use bleach and it therefore turned my hair a very yellowish copper blonde. She then put a blue shampoo treatment on it and it turned a nice more ash blonde..almost a whitish color. My question is, when you put streaks on at home, they always turn an orangy color, so if you put on a blue shampoo like you can get a drugstores, will it make them an ash blonde like mine turned out? Or is that just because she has a special kind of dye?



Hair dye help please?!?

you must have naturally dark hair. when you bleach it, it doesn't come up as light as if you had a lighter hair color. the yellowish copper blond you are talking about is called brassy. i doubt it was a shampoo she put in it. most likely a toner. to tone it down and give it a lovely shade of ash blond. you can buy toners at beauty supply shops, never seen them in drug stores.



(toners are a hair dye, not a bleach)



Hair dye help please?!?

I think they use a special kind of stuff...its probably cause you have copper highlights naturally

No comments:

Post a Comment