Thursday, July 23, 2009

Does anyone know of an effective hair straightener?

I have very frizzy, coarse, brillo pad hair (I am white). I am 51 years old. For years my beautician has straightened it with perm solution (just reversing it), and it works well, but it always burns off my hair. Then it takes two to three years for top and sides to grow back (not to mention I look funny!!!). I have a straightening iron (the newer ones), but that's not the answer. It doesn't help my hair (my hair is dyed, not bleached blonde). Anybody know of a solution that I can use that will work (or that my beautician friend can use) that will straighten effectively. I have the most stubborn, frizzy, coarse, thick hair, and I hate it. I want straight hair. I cannot afford the $600 Japanese treatment (and it would probably burn my hair off anyway). Can anybody help me? I need a product that will be effective, but one that will not burn off my hair. I can only put my hair up in a bun now, and I'm thinking of getting a wig it's that bad. Help anybody! Thanks all!



Does anyone know of an effective hair straightener?

Oh that is so sad. Have you tried doing the reverse perm yourself? Over the counter perm solutions, e.g., Olgilvie, are much milder than professional perms, they don't last as long, but having to repeat more frequently would be better than burnt hair. Its very easy, just comb the perm solution through, let it stay in the recommended time, rinse thoroughly, do the same with the neutralizer. There is also a leave in hair treatment that you should be using to protect your hair when you use any perm solution, its called Infusium 24. Just use the recommended amount to protect your hair, too much and the straightener won't work. It also might help to use this everyday to tame your hair in general. One last note, there is no reason that a professional perm/straightener by a licensed beautician should be burning your hair, she is either leaving it in too long, not rinsing the perm solution THOROUGHLY before applying the neutralizer, or not using the right solution for your hair type... so don't give up, it sounds like you've just had bad luck with your beautician. If your hair has been burnt there is no way to repair it, you just have to let it grow and cut the burnt part off. Good luck in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment