Thursday, July 23, 2009

What is the best way to prevent ingrowing facial hair (men)?

My friend suffers terribly with ingrowing hair and has tried everything from lotions to laser treatment for it and still no joy. Any ideas would be most appreciated. By the way he has afro caribbean hair.



What is the best way to prevent ingrowing facial hair (men)?

Okay, I did not want to put this cause I thought it was crazy, I work in a prison and the inmate barber was cutting my hair and noticed razor bumps in the back of my head, he says the sure fire way to get rid of them is as follows:



1. Take vitamin "E" capsules 3-5. (break them open)



2. A piece of aloe plant.



3. 3-4 lipton tea bags.



Mash them up together well and apply to the bumps, he says within days they will be gone. I do not remember if he said to burst open the tea bags or to let the contents seep out of the bag as if you had put them in a cup. Also I dont know if it was the actual aloe plant itself or the liquid that comes out of it. Experamint and see.



However I used clearasil on the back of my neck on the bumps and that worked ok.



For normal front of neck bumps, after shaving apply Arm and Hammer deoderant (the powdered type) on your neck after shaving, after a few days a razor will not cause bumps so much. I put the deoderant on my fingers first then applied my fingers to my neck area, you dont have to over do it, just a very thin layer. (The arm and hammer will cause the skin to be a little more tougher and smoother). After a week you probably can stop.



(remember to vote for best answer when prompted by yahoo, it doesnt have to be mine, so many people are forgetting to vote.)



What is the best way to prevent ingrowing facial hair (men)?

He need to shave with Andis T-liners. Using a regular blade probably irritates his skin. The shave won't be as close, but there'll be less ingrown hairs.



What is the best way to prevent ingrowing facial hair (men)?

If the infected ingrown hair is deep, you can use an antiseptic cream like, Cortaid, as it keeps the area moist. If the the infected ingrown hair does not start to heal in three days it's time to dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment