Thursday, July 23, 2009

Treatment/ prevention for in grown hairs? Sources please.?

How do you prevent them ?



Or Treat them once you've gotten them?



Treatment/ prevention for in grown hairs? Sources please.?

I believe that you may have a condition called Hidradenitis Supprativa.of re-occurring boils/ cysts/abscesses , that are often misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs, herpes, being unclean or over wieght and folliculitis. This is a newly diagnosed skin condition , but there is a lot of info out there.



Here is a link :



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradeniti...



or the HS_USA page is ..



http://www.hs-usa.org/hidradenitis_suppu...



If this sounds like it might be you, READ it, PRINT it out, and TAKE it to your DOC.



Its better to try to start treatment soon, it can spread over the body if left untreated. These boils can become quite large and painful. Sometimes even lasting for weeks or months , do not attempt to POP them they can then tunnel under your skin and spread all over the body. Most common areas are armpits, groin, binkni line, inner legs, and intimate places and basically anywhere that sweats and rub against clothing. Stress is a big inducer.



There is a support group at MSN



http://groups.msn.com/HidradenitisSuppor...



This is also a link to a PDF of a study in Germany about HS and if it is genetic... I thought it was intresting :



http://www.hs-foundation.org/pdf/2000_Cl...



and a yahoo one, and I am open for questions!



I have had this for 8 years, I was misdiagnosed for a LONG time, It was very embarrassing, painful and scary. I am just trying to help out so you don閳ユ獩 have to wait as long as I did.



Currently I have 5 , 2 next to each other on my right inner groin. 2 in my upper HAIR area, and 1 med sized on my butt on the panty line, and they do come every week or so. I find that certian foods, not having a regular showering regimen, wearing clothing that irratiates the area.. and STRESS usually are a precusor to getting one.



I also prefer to use NEXCARE bandages.. there are 2 kinds I like for comfort and stay put reasons..



the first is like a clear bandaid.... soft on the edges with a small area of bandage... helps with those buggers when they are on bikni line.. usually stay for me.. or occasionally on my inner thigh for those I like the foamy sponge like ones that are beige in color.. I think they are 3M.



Treatment/ prevention for in grown hairs? Sources please.?

Treatment



1. Put a Warm washcloth over the ingrown hair. Manually remove the ingrown hairs. (warm washcloth brings hair to surface)



2. Shaving in a different direction



3. Allowing the hair to grow in order to cause the hair to come out straighter



4. Using special razors that leave the hair longer



5. Exfoliating with facial scrubs, sponges, towels, or creams containing acids



6. Treatment with Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs promotes resolution of stubborn cases



7. Prophylaxis with twice daily topical application of diluted Glycolic acid



8. Ensuring skin and razor are sterile before shaving



If the area is infected, see a dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment