Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My dog is vomiting hair balls. What should I do?

I just adopted an 8 month old Spitz/Sheltie/Chow mix. In the last week she has vomited up two large hair balls. The hair balls are large, about the size of a large mouse. I never see her chewing on her own hair, and we watch everything she eats, so I can't imagine how she got all this hair in her stomach. Could this be something she got into her stomach before we adopted her? We adopted her from a shelter. How do dogs get hair balls and what is the treatment for this problem? Thanks.



My dog is vomiting hair balls. What should I do?

Any furry animal can get fur balls. When they lick themselves, they ingest hair. The hair can build up in the stomach and form a ball. This ball cannot pass through the digestive tract, so the animal vomits. You may find small amounts of hair in the poop, as small amounts pass through without any problem. Put a little vaseline on the pet's nose. They will lick it off and this will help the hair pass through the digestive tract. Pet stores sell expensive hair ball treatments, but check the label...many are purely petrolatum (vaseline). It works.



My dog is vomiting hair balls. What should I do?

Before things go crazy with your dog get her to a shrink i think she suffer home bite carpet disorder.



My dog is vomiting hair balls. What should I do?

Add a teaspoon of olive oil to your dog's food each day- it works with my kitty when he gets hairballs.



My dog is vomiting hair balls. What should I do?

are you sure they arent mice? I have never seen that from anything other than a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment