Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How to do the wavy look for naturally straight hair?

I've tried perming my hair before and it damaged my hair pretty bad. Does anyone know if there are any hair products out there (leave-in treatment, shampoo, mousse?) that can give me a wavy look without resorting to another perm?



Does any of the Aussie, Herbal Essence, John Frieda products actually work? And if I were to use these products, how long would the wave last?



Thanks!



How to do the wavy look for naturally straight hair?

the products for making your hair curly will help hold a curl or wave. you can get deep waves by braiding you hair in two french braids with a little gel or mousse and then letting it out and adding shine and spray.



How to do the wavy look for naturally straight hair?

I've never tried the products that claim to create wavy hair, but if you want that look, you could try washing your hair, combing it, then braiding it while it's still wet. Then you undo the braids once your hair dries, and finger comb your hair. I do this all the time when I was a temporary wavy look (it lasts until you wash your hair again)



How to do the wavy look for naturally straight hair?

Depends on how your hair works. My hair curls or waves up when I wash it and I'm not too sure if it would stay like that. But what I do is wet it and put leave in conditioner in it. If it is not like that when you wash and is steal straight you can try to scrunch it up and see if it will work. If not braid.



Mousse, I heard, does wonders too. But I think your best bet is leave in.



How to do the wavy look for naturally straight hair?

I'm the kind of person with the kind of straight hair that if I curled or permed my hair one day, and the next day was a little too humid, my hair would be straight again, yes, ASIAN hair.



But anyway... getting to the point...



If you want naturally wavy hair (Polynesian type wavy), then before you go to bed (or at least 3 hours before whatever you want to look wavy-haired for), french braid your hair after you take a shower and maybe apply a light hair spray. Make sure the braid is TIGHT if it's only going to stay in for a few hours. If you're braiding for sleep, keep it loose or you might not be able to sleep!!!



This is what we do in our Hawaiian dance group to make sure we don't damage our hair with perms for every performance! It looks as natural as you can get! AAAND it's OHHH so very CHEAP. You've got NOTHING to lose with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment