Thursday, July 23, 2009

How do I manage Static hair in the winter?

My hair gets really static in the Winter, and I was wondering is there any sort of shampoo or product that will remove the static but not weigh my hair down?



I've tried mousse, hair spray, bounce sheets, oil treatments, etc. None of them seem to work on my naturally fine and thick hair.



How do I manage Static hair in the winter?

1. Deep condition your hair 1 - 2 times per week.



2. Use a good daily conditioner, rinse or detangler on the other days.



3. Follow the instructions on the product. DO NOT OVER CONDITION! Over conditioning your hair isn't good either. It will cause undesirable build-up on your hair and your hair will either become static, or go limp and unmanageable.



4. Once every week or two use a clarifier on your hair to rid it of hair product build-up and environmental pollutants.



5. If you have colored, permed, or relaxed hair, make sure that the product you use is safe for chemically treated hair or it will damage the chemical service that you had performed.



How do I manage Static hair in the winter?

Go and get static guard, which is in the laundry isle and spray it on your brush and comb thru your dry hair!! It works great!



How do I manage Static hair in the winter?

Yes. My hair is the same way, and despite being caucasian...I use Pantene Relaxed %26amp; Natural. It has natural oils in it, and it's actually meant for "Women of Color" (it says this on the bottle). I've only used the conditioner, I haven't tried the shampoo but it didn't weigh my hair down, and usually I find most products do because my hair is really thin and super fine. If I don't use this then I have to use the following: Moisturizing 2-1 shampoo and conditioner, moisturizing conditioner followed by a moisturizing leave-in and my hair is still a bit static-y.



If you find the Pantene adds build up to your hair (most salon and other products do as well, I know a lot of people knock Pantene for this), just use a clarifying shampoo once a week.



If you're not a fan of Pantene then I don't have any other suggestions, except try the dryer sheets again.



How do I manage Static hair in the winter?

Don't wear a hat. The fabric of your hair (i.e. wool) could be causing the static.

No comments:

Post a Comment