Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Does anyone know if taking anti-biodics for a period of time will cause your hair to thin?

A few months ago I was in the hospital with a colon problem and took anti-biodics for about a week. After I came home I was prescribed with about 10 days more to finish my treatment. I have noticed lately that my hair seem to come out more and I just wondered if it had anything to do with taking the anti-biodics.



Does anyone know if taking anti-biodics for a period of time will cause your hair to thin?

Possibly, but it could be any number of health problems - you should probably see a doctor about this. It could be unrelated and treatable.



Sometimes, hair loss is a reaction to illness. It could also be your thyroid. Or any of about 100 other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment